If I use the Instant Pot, I do everything on Sauté- never even put the lid on the thing. Done in a jiffy.
But, otherwise, just cook it in a soup pot like you normally do.
However, I am getting ahead of myself!
- 1/2 C. Water
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, sliced
- 1/2 Bunch of Celery (or more, if you wish), chopped (Reserve the Leaves)
- 1 small peeled Potato, diced
- 1 small Bay Leaf
- 2 C. Vegetable Broth (I put 2 cubes of my homemade Golden Boullion in 1 3/4C. Hot Water)
- 1 C. Water
- 1/2 C. Full-Fat Coconut Milk (or other non-dairy milk-- the coconut milk does work best)
- 1/2 C. Fresh Parsley (Optional)
- Salt to Taste
- Garnish with Celery Leave, sprinkle of Chipotle Pepper OR Black Pepper OR as desired
- Add the water to Instant Pot and turn to Sauté OR add water to a large soup pot/stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in the Onion, Celery, Potato, Bay Leaf and bring to a boil, stirring to prevent sticking. Add more water if needed. In the Soup Pot, turn to simmer after rolling boil is established. In Instant Pot, just let it go with the sauté mode. When the potato, onion and celery are beginning to be quite soft, add in the Vegetable Broth and additional 1 C. Water.
- Let the Instant Pot continue on in Saute till the cycle is complete. Turn the Pot on to LOW and let the vegetables cook until done with the Soup Pot. (This is soup, so they can be as limp as possible lol)
- Put the Coconut Milk and the Parsley into the Blender and add the contents of your Pot (both the Soup Pot and the Instant Pot). Carefully blend the soup until smooth and creamy-- if the soup is really really hot, then it might be a good idea to let it cool for a few minutes... otherwise it CAN blow the lid off your blender, and, well, that's not safe. The coconut milk and the parsley will help to cool it down some. Err on the side of caution.
- Add Salt, according to taste. Blend slowly just to mix in the salt.
- Pour into bowls and garnish. Eat directly! Lovely as a winter first course, or as a meal in itself.
- Makes 4-6 servings, depending on the appetites.
Celery is a pretty healthy vegetable. The Medical Medium believes that a glass of celery juice at the beginning of each day is how to detox and maintain a healthy liver. Read more about that HERE.
Join the Organic Granny Veggie Recipes Facebook page and see these recipes as they are posted and lots of others. The site is set up for new vegans who are 'transitioning' to eating without dairy and eggs and meat and fish and chicken, etc. but it's a good place for longtime vegans to share and for people who aren't anywhere near vegan but curious to try some of the recipes. Click HERE to go right to the Facebook page! See you there!