1/2 C. Water
3 cloves Garlic, crushed
3 large Leeks, sliced into rounds
2 heaped tsp ground Cumin
1 thumb-size piece of organic Ginger, grated
1 litre Vegetable Stock or Water
4 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 C/400 ml. of Coconut or Nut Mylk
Salt, and freshly ground Pepper
1. Bring water to boil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring now and then.
2. Add the garlic and leek and cook gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Mix in the cumin and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the grated ginger, then the stock or water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the sweet potato, cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes until the sweet potato is soft. PureeWhirl the soup using a high speed blender or with an immersion blender until smooth.
5. Gently reheat the soup stirring in the coconut milk. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Our farmer son was able to grow healthy sweet potatoes right on his acerage onBC's Sunshine Coast! You probably can too! See the article here that describes
how to do that: GROW YOUR OWN SWEET POTATOES