450 g or 2 cup dried Brown Lentils
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1 to 2 Onions, chopped
6 cloves Garlic, chopped or minced
4 Celery Ribs, chopped
4 Carrots, sliced in coins
6 cups vegetable broth (or bouillon)
1/2 cup Quinoa
2 teaspoons Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
Celtic Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 T. Bragg's GF Soy Flavoring OR GF Tamari(optional)
dash Liquid Smoke
14 oz. can Coconut Milk
1. Pick through Lentils, rinse, and cover with water to soak overnight (or 6 hours)
2. Throw out soak water and add fresh water to cover lentils in a large stock pot. Cook Lentils by themselves until tender.
3. Melt and heat Coconut Oil in large wok or fry pan over medium-high heat. Add Onion and saute until translucent. Add Garlic, Celery and Carrots, and saute for a few more minutes.
4. Add Broth, Lentils, Quinoa, and Seasonings. Stir, cover, and turn heat to medium-low.
5. Stir again after about 20 minutes, and check seasonings. Cook for about 10-20 minutes more, until soup begins to thicken some (add more water), and lentils and quinoa are tender.
6. Stir in Liquid Smoke. Remove about half the soup and blend until smooth. Add that half. Gently fold in the Coconut Milk and serve.