This black bean soup recipe is adapted from the excellent book The RAVE Diet and Lifestyle by Mike Anderson. Anderson is a medical researcher and went to work on this book to find the optimum healing and health-promoting recipes. There are a number of testimonials from people using the recipes that indicate that he certainly has hit on something positive. One noticeable aspect of his recipes are the lack of 'visible' fats and oils. Fascinating to me (someone who loves fatty foods) is the fact that flavour is not lost because of the lack of fats... and you will find that in the following recipe:
INGREDIENTS (feeds 4-6 people)
- 3 crushed Garlic cloves
- 6-7 C. of filtered Water
- 2 1/2 C (1#) dried organic Black Beans
- 1 C filtered Water
- 1 T. Vegetable Broth
- organic wholewheat or corn tortillas and torn lettuce as garnish
- Cover beans with water and soak overnight in a crockpot (not turned on).
- Add garlic to the beans in the morning and cook until tender, about 2 hours.
- Blend the beans in the cooking water until smooth and creamy. Pour blended soup back into the crockpot and add in the Vegetable Broth.
- The Instant Pot Electronic Pressure Cooker also has a Slow-Cooker setting.
- Warm through. Garnish and enjoy!
This blog is called "Whirled" soup partly as a pun reference to many of the recipes being "World" soup recipes, but mostly because MOST of the recipes are whirled up in the magnificent VitaMix 10-Appliances-in-1 in my kitchen....