INGREDIENTS (feeds 4-6 people)
- 3 crushed Garlic cloves
- 6-7 C. of filtered Water
- 2 1/2 C (1#) dried organic Black Beans
- 1 C filtered Water
- 1 T. Vegetable Broth
- organic wholewheat or corn tortillas and torn lettuce as garnish
- Cover beans with water and soak overnight in a crockpot (not turned on).
- Add garlic to the beans in the morning and cook until tender, about 2 hours.
- Blend the beans in the cooking water until smooth and creamy. Pour blended soup back into the crockpot and add in the Vegetable Broth. Warm through. Garnish and enjoy!
If the simplicity and healthfulness of this recipe appealed to you, you might also be interested in the new social network Our Food Matters.
*Flickr image courtesy of Pelagija at
This blog is called "Whirled" soup partly as a pun reference to many of the recipes being "World" soup recipes, but mostly because MOST of the recipes are whirled up in the magnificent VitaMix 10-Appliances-in-1 in my kitchen.... Click here to learn more about the TOTAL NUTRITION CENTER (Canadian/International) and the Vita-Mix Super 5200 (American) ***06-002685*** To get FREE standard SHIPPING($25US/$35CN) USE ***code 06-002685*** Call Brenda at 1-800-848-2649 ext. 2305 and give her ***code 06-002685***