Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Lovers' Soup for Valentine's Day
Most of my soup recipes don't contain butter, cheese or "spirits", but this is a soup for an exceptional time and I'll make the exception. This is an adaptation of a soup recipe in the cookbook called "Blue Moon Soup" by Gary Goss, with amazing illustrations by Jane Dyer.
1 small leek, chopped (1 to 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 C chopped chives
1/4 C sliced mushrooms
2 lg sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 T cooking sherry or dry white wine OR apple cider vinegar (added when soup has been removed from heat) (optional)
1 tsp curry
1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 C milk or soy or nut milk
Garnish: 1 cup shredded Muenster cheese, 1/4 C sliced mushrooms, and 1 bar of great chocolate, broken into bite-sized pieces.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Melt the butter in a soup pot on medium heat.
3. Add the leek, chives, mushrooms, half of the sweet potatoes, the sherry if using, curry, salt, and pepper. Saute for 10 min, stirring with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the remaining sweet potatoes and 2 cups of water, and stir.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
6. In Vitamix, blend up half the soup with the milk until thick and silky smooth.
7. Return the blended soup to the soup pot and stir.
8. Place soup crocks on a cookie sheet. Ladle soup into crocks, and garnish. Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.
[makes 4-6 servings]
♥♥Have a lovely evening♥♥
If you are looking for a business where you can build your health while you build your wealth, and with a fabulous "closed loop system" (meaning you really really are in a home business-- no home presentations, and your training, your organization's training, is all done with the internet and a phone) Check it out here.
**The image "Love Shack" is courtesy of Lynne Lancaster at StockXpert.